The Salvation Army is passionately committed to eradicating poverty and caring for people who are struggling. We are working to address the dehumanizing scourge of poverty and injustice and educate the public about what it means to live in poverty – and what they can do.
The Salvation Army is an international Christian organization that began its work in Canada in 1882 and has grown to become the largest non-governmental direct provider of social services in the country. The Salvation Army gives hope and support to vulnerable people today and every day in 400 communities across Canada and more than 127 countries around the world. The Salvation Army offers practical assistance for children and families, often tending to the basic necessities of life, providing shelter for homeless people and rehabilitation for people who have lost control of their lives to an addiction.
Community & Family Services Assistance
Community & Family Services Assistance
* More than 300 needy families in the community are provided nutritious food boxes each month. HOURS AND LOCATION: 531 St. Mary's Street, Fredericton, NB. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9am-12pm and 1pm-2pm. Deliveries are available on designated Wednesdays from 12pm-3pm. Call to sign up at 506-453-1706.
* Clean usable clothing supplied by generous donors to our Salvation Army Thrift Store is given away FREE OF CHARGE to less fortunate and needy Salvation Army Community & Family Services food bank members. Vouchers can also be given for Household Items and Furniture. To get help with clothing come during regular food bank hours.
* To donate clothing or other items, give directly to the Thrift Store at 275 Main Street, Fredericton, NB. We accept: Accessories, Antiques & Collectibles, Clothing, Computers, Electronics, Furniture, Housewares, Media & Books, Seasonal Items, Textiles, and Toys. For sanitary and health and safety concerns we are unable to accept: used mattresses and box springs, sofa beds, used wall-to-wall carpets, hazardous materials, propane tanks, barbecues, infant equipment (car seats, cribs, strollers), tires and auto parts. www.thriftstore.ca
* Emergency hotel stay may be available if shelters are full.
* Emergency transportation assistance may be available within Province.
* Emergency vision assistance referral for eye exam and eye glasses.
* Emergency shower services are available. Come see us at 531 St. Mary's Street regular food bank hours.
CLASSES (limited space - sign up early by calling 506-453-1706)
* English Conversation Circles - improve your conversational English in a relaxed setting
* Life Skill Lunch & Learn - learn about a new topic - specific Wednesdays 12pm - 1pm, lunch will be provided
* Cooking Class - 10am-1pm - Prep for meal with instructor, eat meal together, and take 8 portions home to enjoy later.
* Onsite Thursdays in March and April we host a team of Canada Revenue certified volunteers from 9am-3pm.
* March and April 2023
* Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
* Drop off between 9am - 12noon and 1pm - 2pm
* Remain in your vehicle, lined up along the green pylons and a volunteer will meet you outside
* Taxes will be ready for pickup 2 weeks from drop off date; if drop off Monday, pick up in two Mondays
Camp for Children ages 7-12 -
* 30 Children sent to Scotian Glen in Nova Scotia for a week in July - leave Monday and return Friday. Sign up in April and May.
Back to School Supplies
* School supplies for grades Kindergarten - Grade 8. Sign up and receive in August.
Rally Day - September 17, 2022
* BBQ, Free Yard Sale for Food Bank Members, and fun activities for children.
Coats for Kids (and Adults, too) Campaign
* We collect, dry clean and distribute more than 500 winter coats for children and adults each year. Coats are distributed in October and November during regular Food Bank hours.
Breakfast with Santa
* Sign up in October for this fun pancake breakfast event. All will enjoy breakfast and children 17 and younger will receive a small gift from Santa.
* Sign up for a Special Christmas Dinner & Pancake Breakfast Food Box in month of November. For parents, sign up for a Christmas Interview appointment to receive toys and gifts for children aged 0-17 years. Let us help make your Christmas a bit merrier! Christmas Interviews held Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 9am - 11:30am.
Other Programs Being Considered
Street Feeding Program
Housing 1st/Supportive Housing/Affordable Housing Programs
Revisit this website regularly for further developments